Pet food, supply and grooming retail store seeks sales associate to provide excellent sales and customer service to our exceptional clientele.
- Greet and assist all customers who enter our store.
- Assist customers in selecting our products. Work with the customer to maximize sales and ensure that the customer sees all our products and chooses the best ones for their needs.
- Work with other sales associates as needed to help them in their sales efforts.
- Learn as much about our product lines as possible. Gain as much product knowledge which will help in all sales efforts. Participate in product line trainings.
- Assist in keeping the store clean and well merchandised. Ensure that our products look great on the sales floor. Make suggestions for improvements.
- Work with our book of customers and help to inform them of new products and store events.
- Assist as needed in any and all marketing efforts.
- Provide feedback to management and buyers as to how products are performing, both good sellers and bad sellers, and assist in evaluating our product selection.
- Learn and operate our store POS system.
- Fill out paperwork as required by the store manager.
- Assist in receiving of merchandise, to ensure the goods get on to the selling floor as quickly as possible.
- Welcome all grooming customers when brought in and process grooming customers upon leaving.
- Re-Stock, Sticker, Tag, Hanger New Products
- Answer inbound phone calls with questions
- Solve and positively handle all customer issues
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Knowledge of pet food and supplies is a plus.
- 2+ years working in retail sales.
Core Functions and Competencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships.
- Good solid math skills.
- Assist with cycle counts and annual physical inventory
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Attend occasional staff meetings after-hours and participate in training opportunities.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Must LOVE pets
Working Conditions & Essential Physical Demands
- Subject to lifting up to 50 lbs, standing, stooping, bending and walking for long periods of time.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, holidays and special events. Must work special events, where needed within the company
- Must possess and display a dedication to our store’s mission and vision
- Must be able to be around dogs and cats who come into the store.
- Must present a neat appearance
- Must be able to help maintain store presence (cleaning, vacuuming, etc.)
This can be a full time or part-time position.
Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus program is in place.
If you are interested, please send a resume that includes your work history. In your cover letter, describe why you want to work with pets and their nutritional needs, also describe your background.
IMPORTANT – in order to be considered for this position, you must put the word “SALES” in the subject line. Only those applicants that put those words in the subject line will be considered.
Email resume/cover letter to: email@example.com